Sean Petersen - firstname.lastname@example.org
Heidi Cornell - email@example.com
Denise Chaffee, C.P. - firstname.lastname@example.org
Chart your own course to success and take advantage of the opportunity to network. Improve your education level, hone your skills and obtain greater access to resources; join the Fresno County Legal Professional Association (”FCLPA”)
Our objective is to join people together to further the education of legal secretaries, paralegals, and other members of the legal community. We cooperate with attorneys, judges, and local bar associations in order to stimulate a high order of professional standards and ethics among those performing duties in the legal field. We encourage friendship, cooperation, and an exchange of ideas among members.
Annual membership dues are $45 annually. Dues are payable no later than May 31 of each year with a late payment of $5 after June 1. Renewal is $40 annually. Many attorneys will underwrite the cost of membership as they recognize that this investment in their employees’ careers will benefit the firm and greatly enhance the productivity of their legal support staff.
Membership in FCLPA Includes Many Benefits:
• Automatic MEMBERSHIP in Legal Secretaries, Inc.
• Monthly EDUCATIONAL MEETINGS with featured special guests.
• NETWORK with legal secretaries, paralegals, and other professionals working in the legal field.
• Access to FCLPA’s JOB BANK.
• Informational PUBLICATIONS:
*Monthly Newsletter - Legal Link
*Quarterly Magazine - The Legal Secretary
*Quarterly Newsletter - Legal Specialization Sections
•Offered at discounted rates:
*Legal Professional’s Handbook
*Law Office Procedures Manual
*Legal Secretary’s Reference Guide
• SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS available through both LSI and FCLPA.
• Opportunity to participate in Legal Specialization Sections of LSI - Civil Litigation, Criminal Law, Family Law, Law Office Administration, Probate/Estate Planning, and Transactional Law. Each specialization section offers seminars and newsletters on specific areas of law. Seminars are presented at each LSI quarterly and annual conference without cost to LSI section members.
•COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES benefit local organizations.
• HEALTH-CARE & FINANCIAL RELATED BENEFITS including:
*Individual and Family Medical Insurance
*Long Term Care Insurance and Planning
*401(k) Plans and Mutual Funds
• Other Benefits:
*Membership in Working Advantage
*First California Federal Credit Union
*Provident Central Credit Union
*LA Financial Credit Union